Thursday, July 9, 2009

Useful Link: Kurt Munger's Site

Hello everybody:

I recently came across a site that I wasn't aware of. A very useful site about reviews for Alpha mount lenses that for once isn't actually biased or that favors another brand.

This site contains very detailed reviews, covering the specs of each lens, shots that display the actual lens and not just mount or frontal element shots, it's short comings (face it, ALL lenses have them no matter how expensive or what brand they are) and good points as well.

The main plus point of this site is that the reviews are done by an Alpha mount user with a pretty objective perspective, displaying both the pros and cons of each lens but without falling in the usual "It's a Sony so don't expect anything great" mentality of a lot of photography sites or blogs. Plus, when applicable, it compares lenses among the same Alpha mount line up, NOT with other brands.

Personally, I think that's very valuable, because despite how professional a review looks to me, I couldn't care less if a lens is better or worse compared to its Canon, Nikon, Olympus, etc. equivalents. Sigma and Tamron yes because they can be bought for Alpha mount (most of the time) but I got no use for other camera manufacturer's lenses that I don't own and I don't own a body of that system.

So next time you need to read a useful lens review for that lens you're considering of buying, go to http://www.kurtmunger.com/index.html. And if you can, be nice and donate a few bucks :)

Ill add this link to the Alpha System Dedicated Buttons section for future reference.

By the way, if you need a second opinion about a lens, you can also check http://www.alphamountworld.com , another great site ran by an Alpha mount user with a unbiased perspective as well. It doesn't have as many lens reviews as the first link so far, but nonetheless, its a very very useful link for researching stuff related to the Alpha Mount.

I hope they're useful to you!

Until next time.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about that review I told you about, I'm almost done with it but I'm busy with something at the moment, as soon as I'm done with that, Ill finish it and post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment